Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall's Here!

Ok, so we don't really have fall here in the Philippines. But it's one thing that I miss very much about living in the U.S. So, I try to keep it alive by doing fallish things. Last year I bought some pumpkin spice candles. This year I started out by making apple crisp. I want to share the recipe I used this time because it was particularly good and very simple. I got it from my Betty Crocker book:

Apple Crisp
  • 4 medium tart apples sliced (4 cups)
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup butter cut up in small chunks
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of square pan 8x8x2, with butter.
2. Spread apples in pan. Mix remaining ingredients (I did it with my hands); sprinkle over apples
3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with fork. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

There's nothing special about this recipe, but I found that I enjoyed this apple crisp more than usual. Who knows, maybe it's just my crazy pregnant self, but this recipe is GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment